ДИСКУССИОННЫЙ КЛУБ НОВОСТЕЙ

Объявление

ПЕРЕХОД НА САЙТ Fair Lawn Russian Club

Чтобы открывать новые темы и размещать сообщения, вам нужно зарегистрироваться! Это не отнимет у вас много времени, мы не требуем подтверждения по e-mail.
Но краткие комментарии можно оставлять и без регистрации! You are welcome!

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » ДИСКУССИОННЫЙ КЛУБ НОВОСТЕЙ » USA » Obama maintains suspense over VP pick

Obama maintains suspense over VP pick

Сообщений 1 страница 2 из 2

BY NIA MALIKA HENDERSON | nia.henderson@newsday.com
3:36 PM EDT, August 22, 2008
CHICAGO - Sen. Barack Obama has kept the suspense over his pick for a number two going throughout the day, making no official public appearances, and leaving his home only to go to the gym and work on his convention speech this afternoon.

The announcement could come at any moment, and will first be released via text message and e-mail, and presumably culminate in a joint appearance tomorrow in Springfield.

In a CBS interview taped yesterday that aired this morning Obama, remained closed mouth about his choice, only laying out how he came to it.

"The most important question is: Is this person prepared to be president? Second most important question from my perspective is: Can this person help me govern?" he said, adding that he wanted an effective partner. "And the third criteria from me, I think, was independence. I want somebody who is gonna be able to challenge my thinking -- and not simply be a -- a yes person -- when it comes to policies."

In the meantime, as the day waned on, faux e-mails were circulated listing Va. Gov Tim Kaine as Obama's choice--the headline was picked up by major news outlets, but then quickly denied by the Obama campaign. Obama appeared with Kaine on the campaign trail in Virginia on Thursday and both were characteristically mum on the decision.

Additionally, deepening the speculation that has mostly centered on three people--Kaine, Indiana Sen. Evan Bayh and Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware--a fourth person, Rep. Chet Edwards of Texas, was added to the short list according to some reports.

К концу пятницы CNN сообщило, что все основные претенденты отпали и все больше шансов становится у сенатора Joe Biden - см.инфо о нем - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

В этот же день: On the night of August 22, ABC News reported that the U.S. Secret Service had assumed protection of Biden, which was seen as a sign that he had been chosen as Obama's running mate, to be announced the next day

In November 2006, Biden  released a comprehensive strategy to end sectarian violence in Iraq. Rather than continuing the present approach or withdrawing, the plan calls for "a third way": federalizing Iraq and giving Kurds, Shiites, and Sunnis "breathing room" in their own regions

Вы здесь » ДИСКУССИОННЫЙ КЛУБ НОВОСТЕЙ » USA » Obama maintains suspense over VP pick